Tuesday, June 22, 2010

you've got your pride and your prose


So, I'm supposed to have a bass lesson today, and I flaked.  What has this got to do with Songblague?

The reason I flaked, you see, is because I was walking home from a friend's place last night with my current favorite record blasting on my headphones when I realized that I don't really want to just play bass: I want to play bass in a specific band, and if I can't do that I really can't be bothered.  And not only do I want to be in the Gaslight Anthem (who is of course the band in question), but I want to figure out a way to leave my headphones on while also having conversations and going about my life in general, because I don't ever want this record to stop playing.

So there you have it: I've posted about this band before, but I couldn't tell you what other new music is out right now and worth listening to.  I can't even keep appointments.

The Gaslight Anthem - Boxer (Live on KEXP)

No comments:

Post a Comment