Monday, June 28, 2010

The Cranes Are Moving In The Twilight


I have a limited knowledge of The The's discography, which is a shame because I have a feeling that I'd like a lot of their stuff. Beside the fact that they're always grouped with bands I like to play on jukeboxes (Bauhaus; Talk Talk; ABC), the few songs I do know are killer.



I first heard this one on May 7, 2010, right after watching a friend's band play on the Lower East Side. It was blared through the speakers between sets, and I could feel the bass in my ribs. I was afraid that it wouldn't sound nearly as aggressive later (ie. sober, through my home stereo) but it held up nicely. Beautifully, even. I will dig deeper, The The. For now, Flesh and Bones has saved you from being immortalized by an M&M's commercial.



The The - Flesh And Bones

No comments:

Post a Comment