Monday, January 25, 2010

The gypsy and the moustache

Man, this one's been in the queue forever. I know that Fleetwood Mac is well back in fashion and that Lindsey/Stevie's pre-Mac debut has been adequately rescued from obscurity (thanks to my buddy Terence for hipping me to it). But I'll bet some of you still aren't sold on the magic. I surely am though. Enough to eclipse the memory of having to run laps in gym class to the hit singles off Tango in the Night. All you skeptics, give this magnificent nugget a chance.

Then there's that album cover. What can you say? I'll say that Stevie's thousand-yard-stare isn't fooling me. She knows what she's doing with that right arm. Props to Lindsey for keeping a straight face. Can you imagine the outtakes from this photo shoot?

Buckingham Nicks - Long Distance Winner

And now dear listeners, let me introduce your special guest blogger for tomorrow (and hopefully more thereafter) — Songblague's godmother, Ms. Sarah Flynn. A while back, we had a daily song exchange which ran for a solid 6 months. That worthy enterprise eventually ran out of steam, but it planted the seed for this open-ended listening party we've got going here. I think this space could stand to be a little less of a mono-blog, and I'm very excited to have her on board. Lend her your ears, friends. And your friends' ears while you're at it.

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard this. It's an intricately orchestrated and produced track. Nice.

    ReplyDelete