Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Gonna set myself on fire

As part of Operation 'Relax, But Don't Let Your Brain Go To Mush' during the holiday deadweek, I found myself digging up old mixtapes, specifically the ones from old Decembers. The one I made around Christmas of my sophomore year in college saw me in an especially Lounge-y mood (I sometimes forget about that fascination). And yet tucked into the schmaltz was this old chestnut. I jumped around the room from muscle memory, reminding myself that Fugazi is awesome at any age. And today, it's invaluable in helping me jump back onto the work merry-go-round.

Fugazi - Margin Walker

1 comment:

  1. It's been a while since I've seen the words "work" and "merry" in such close proximity.

    This is a great track. And strangely upbeat for someone pogo'ing about as they burst into flames.

    HM

    ReplyDelete