Monday, March 23, 2009

I broke my glasses riding a mechanical bull

True fact. It's OK; everything else is intact. And I have a new respect for rodeo men. Meanwhile, I'm rocking my back-up wire frames, and this has caused a change in many things, including the shape of my face and my perceptual habits. Funny how you get used to old blind spots and thrown off by new ones.

My brain always associates wire frames with strings. Which brings us to string music. Which brings us to today's song. As faithful covers go, I like this one nearly as much as the original, which would probably be the closest thing Aphex Twin has come to a pop song. It strains and tugs like film music.

I wish I was more in love with this album than I am. It's impressive to hear human beings play music that was intended to be near-impossible to perform live. And yet, it's a bit like watching robots bicker. Neat trick, but I'm not so sure about lasting impact. At any rate, this track is a delight, and it makes my new old glasses vibrate at nice frequencies.

Alarm Will Sound - Fingerbib

No comments:

Post a Comment