Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Brake dancing

A period piece, circa 1996. Checklist it. Melodic indie rock with a brick on the distortion pedal, sometimes hinting at noisier realms. Collage-like album cover. Band name aiming for cerebral obscurity. If you had a cool band in college around this part of the '90s, it probably sounded something like this. My band at the time did not sound like this. But I was around the same age as these dudes, so I felt a certain kinship. I think my speak/singing voice was pretty close to this too. Still dig the song. Like a perfume, it evokes a memory fully-formed.

The Raymond Brake - Easter

3 comments:

  1. Attention brand manager at Tom Ford...

    ReplyDelete
  2. good song. i never heard of these folks and i was way too into this 90's brand of rock. merci!

    ReplyDelete