Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Your tongue can get sharp


Sometimes it seems like there are two kinds of people in the world: people who really, really love Clem Snide, and people who've never heard Clem Snide. There's something about the intersection of Eef Barzelay's wordplay and the band's amiable bit-of-country-pluck sound that seems pretty difficult not to be into. In what I've decided will be my fashion, I wanted to make this post about the new album out today, The Meat of Life, which I have heard and quite definitely approve of. However, the internet didn't want to surrender a track to me, so here's a Clem Snide classic from the ol' spinART days.

Most will say that The Ghost of Fashion is Barzelay at his best. It's a rare brand of songwriter who can take all of the worst parts of human relationships and tongue-twist them into something that sounds quite pleasant, and that he can do it so consistently never ceases to amaze me.

There's a full stream of The Meat of Life on the 429 Records site so you can hear it for yourself, and then you can think about how I was right, and then you can thank me.

No comments:

Post a Comment