Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I don't want it to (but it does!)


The problem with doing things in life that are Very Very Good is that when you stop doing that exact thing, people will tell you the new thing you are doing is Not As Good. This has always kind of made me wonder whether doing Very Very Good things is worth the total complex it's bound to give you later.

This aside, Title Tracks is a band fronted by a dude who used to front a pretty good band that had a lot of press around the fact that he used to be the drummer in a very very good band. While I happened to like both of those bands, I would rather tell you that Title Tracks' first album It Was Easy is out today and while I haven't let it really sink in yet, I think it might turn out to be Very Very Good.

This is a band with a spot-on pop sensibility (no really, everyone says that but I mean it) that makes me want to reference both Ted Leo and Tommy Keene, which is certainly worth celebrating as we start hoping the weather gets warmer. Additionally, there's a cover of "Tougher Than The Rest", which is possibly one of the best songs of all time.

Title Tracks - Every Little Bit Hurts

1 comment: