Friday, February 26, 2010

I hate to be the one I say I told you so

As previously noted, our dear Ely is currently on tour, serenading the children by day and enticing their parents into ramshackle debauchery by night. Therefore I've taken it upon myself to throw a couple of Friday posts your way to keep things lively!

Today, I thought I'd throw one last winter jam on the pile before fully succumbing to blissful seasonality. The Ass Ponys existed in a strange niche somewhere between the Flaming Lips and the Chainsaw Kittens, but (to the best of my knowledge) never achieved any sort of cult status and are only remembered in time by myself and the music editor of the L Magazine. Of all their songs, "Last Night It Snowed" is probably the least weird and most likeable, and it's a fine way to say goodbye to the feeling of icy slush soaking through your shoes on your morning commute.

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    cool blog check out mine.
    http://amobsessedwith.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete