Friday, May 1, 2009

Naked hippie highway car chase scene

If I can overgeneralize for a minute, what is it with Frenchmen and their synthesizers? The stuff's great, but it's never exactly subtle. The gamut seems to run from cinematic to full-on melodramatic. It always feels so epic and free of irony.

Here are some lesser-known Gallic synthmen, who I discovered via a mix they made for Allez-Allez. I'm liking these cats a lot, but the album cover confuses me. For me, this wants to be music for a tweaked-out car chase through the neon streets. I'm not really hearing naked women and children in the forest. Not highways so much either. Now if you put them all together...there's a movie I'd see.

Unrelatedly, Happy Birthday Jess!!

Principles of Geometry - Interstate Highway System

No comments:

Post a Comment