Monday, April 27, 2009

Oui!

Hello summer! That came fast. I was hoping to work through a proper spring, but it looks like we've leapfrogged into July. Here's a song from a band that always seems to pop up right around these temperatures. They're so solid nowadays, it's hard to even notice them. I remember being very excited about them back in the days when Chicago gave us indie rock rather than presidents. Languid and zippy, all feathery vox and exquisite arrangements, this one makes me want to ride through soft landscapes taking in all the air I can swallow.

The Sea and Cake - All the Photos

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That was the last Sea and Cake record I bought. It was a vinyl, and it was in art school. I have lost I think everyone of my Sea and Cake albums because I would always travel with at least one of them. (I think I stlll have the Biz around, but the case is cracked! Sea and Cake, I agree, are so warm weather. I have fond memories of playing whiffle ball and listening to their self titled album after highschool. My favorite Sea and Cake moment is the transition from their third to fourth song on their album the Fawn. Oh that album! That's the best one!

    ReplyDelete