Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Guilty pleasure minus the guilt

I never much cared for the Strokes. Among other things, how rock n' roll can you really be when your father gave the world this piece of a.m. gold? A fine song to be sure, but it puts the kids' denim n' leather schtick in a showbiz frame I don't think they'd like to acknowledge. True true, they've written some catchy tunes. Even if they sound better when Christina Aguilera is substituted in.

But I digress. No Strokes today. Instead, we've got a tune from one of those bands that sprang up in their wake and probably wouldn't have had much of an audience without them. I admit I have a strange soft spot for me-too groups. Especially ones with crappy names and atrocious taste in album cover art. Such handicaps notwithstanding, these sprites managed to produce this foxy little toe-tapper a few years back.

No comments:

Post a Comment