Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Into the woods

Safe in the arms of workday air-conditioning, I'm free to entertain my delusions of being an expert camper and nature-wanderer. I can forget inconvenient truths like allergies, my short attention span for dirt, and a mortal fear of sleeping near fire. But fictitious camping trips need real songs, and here's one I'd crank in the car, or at least while packing. I don't know much about these Wye Oak folks, but I dig the bong hit n' run dreaminess they've got going here. Also, I really like album covers where people are pointing at things.

Wye Oak - Warning

2 comments:

  1. Do you remember the band, Swirlies? Similar sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, they were great. Recently saw their reunion show. They need to be happier playing music for people.

    ReplyDelete