Friday, October 23, 2009

Taking leave

There's music that reminds me how inadequate words are. Or at least irrelevant. Or at least fail thoroughly in my exhausted, totally-vacation-ready state of mind and nervous system.

This song is just beyond. Beyond the words I can find and the material conditions of my overextended time. I'm digging it because it perfectly suits the visions of a desert I'll soon be cruising through. And because its construction seems so magical that I can't feel any association with its components, and so it is a true escape.

Fennesz is good like that. All Music Guide talks about haunting melodies and washes of granular noise, and I guess that's a pretty good approximation. But there are always colors without names, and numbers hiding between numbers, and sounds that will not be organized into language.

Peace out, friends. Songblague will be back on 11/9.

Fennesz - Rivers of Sand


Aww man, I can't leave things all heavy and serious. Life is a dream. Here's the first thing that comes up when you type "vacation" into Google images. Alright!


No comments:

Post a Comment