Friday, October 9, 2009

I am older than ever before

Songblague quietly hit the 6-month mark last month. Cool, cool. But my birthday is tomorrow, and I'll ask you to indulge me a moment to make this space a little self-serving on that occasion.

It's not much of a milestone...cough...32, and I've been too busy to plan anything social. Instead, I'd like to celebrate it with a track from my band's forthcoming album, which I am very very very excited about.
We're looking at a Halloween time release, so look out for it. This track is one of my favorites. It's about the textile workers' strike at the Lowell Mill way back in the American day, and it features the excellent voice of our friend Ali Hammer. Enjoy the sweet harmony and my attempt at appropriating the Purdie Shuffle. Cheers!

The Deedle Deedle Dees - Do The Turn Out

1 comment:

  1. Awwww! Happy Almost Birthday, Brother Ely! What are we all DOING tomorrow?!?

    ReplyDelete