Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Preparing for liftoff

The plan is starting to come together. Hotels are getting booked, supplies procured, all that. B and I head out for our mad dash across Israel in less than 3 weeks. It's soon enough that loose ends are starting to make me nervous, but far enough away to still feel like a dream. I'm trying to heed the lessons of Chevy Chase and let spontaneity upset our best-laid plans. But I suspect I'll still find a way to drive around with someone's deceased grandmother in the rental car. That's how Songblague conducts its international busines. Anyway, here's a song to accompany thoughts of liftoff.

Sun Ra - Rocket Number 9

Hey, you can never have enough of the Sun One! Two for Tuesday, babies. This is what the pianist is playing at the hotel bar on Venus.

Sun Ra - Quest

No comments:

Post a Comment