Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A to zinc

Art is sweet escape when it's got a landscape of cheepnis to rise above. And chintziness feels great when it's a breath of fresh air outside the suffocating salons of aesthetic refinement. It's all about balance. Which is to say, I'm in the mood for a tacky groove. As tacky as the heels, leg tan, and skirt slipping out of the taxi above. As necessary as the slap bass and saxophone that messes with all sense of right and wrong. Listening to this song, I can't shake mental images of Danny DeVito in a slapstick huff n' puff all across the screen. And no complaints about that.

2 comments:

  1. I've been digging chintzy grooves lately too. If you wanna go hard, I highly recommend Herb Alpert's '80s albums, particularly funktastic "Keep Your Eye on Me," and the lush "Magic Man" (especially if you're having a martini).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great, thanks. I'll look into those!

    ReplyDelete