Friday, July 15, 2011

Easy keys

Sometimes I'm just straight-up embarrassed by the gaps in my knowledge of jazz. For years, Erroll Garner was one of those canonical guys I meant to dig into but never seemed to find the time. That time is now, and his tunes did much to cool me off in the brutal heat earlier this week. I want surround myself with people as tasteful as this track and as sneakily modern as its intro.

(Summer placement inspired by a similar move a year ago today by
Art Decade, who totally nailed the Mad Men-ness of it. Cheers!)

Erroll Garner - Body And Soul

1 comment:

  1. Glad you dug this one, Ely! Check out Errol's "Body & Soul" compilation CD and another one called "Long Ago & Far Away", if you haven't done so already. Keep up the great work on the blog!

    ReplyDelete