Monday, May 23, 2011

In praise of the paradiddle

Is it possible that it's taken over 500 Songblague posts to get to one of my absolute favorite bands?! Talk about an ace in the hole. This groove is so literally seminal I feel as though it may be partly responsible for my existence. Umm, in a cosmic kindred spirit kind of sense, that is. I'm not suggesting that my or any other parents in South Jersey were blasting this while contemplating children. Gross.

At any rate, I remain convinced that listening to this track, c
ombined with the right meditation, can lift your body above the ground. I'm also thinking this is gonna be a full-on Krautrock week, so hang on to your umlaut.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for this. Fascinating, epic, one of the greatest things ever. I've only nibbled around the edges of Can before...will now do a *lot* more than that. My mind has just been blown.

    ReplyDelete