Thursday, October 28, 2010

Stranger in a strange land

I'm in a new city without a job, so I've been feeling a bit lost as of late. I'm taking extra pleasure in the small things, such as hearing a song for the first time and feeling like I understand it completely. At the same time, I'm feeling a bit like a musical ignoramus for not having heard this "psychedelic masterpiece" sooner. And for initially thinking it was the Rolling Stones. Anyway, here's how it went: last night I was making dinner and my boyfriend put on Side A of SRC's self-titled album. What I thought was an obscure Rolling Stones B-side turned out to be "Black Sheep." Does Scott Richardson (as in Scott Richardson Case; as in SRC) not sing exactly like Mick Jagger on "Ruby Tuesday"?

SRC - Black Sheep

No comments:

Post a Comment