Monday, October 11, 2010

Call you appetite

I'm not sure why I keep falling for songs that pair fancy chord changes and a general feyness. And I wish terms more interesting than "sophisticated pop" came to mind. This stuff totally disarms me, and yet, I find myself humming harmonies through a stone-faced frown, walking down the street, darting past human interruptions. I guess there's some irony in that. Seriously though, go find their Steve McQueen album. It'll make you like 1985 a whole lot more.

Prefab Sprout - Appetite

And because I can't get enough if it right now, here's a little bonus with some even fancier moves.

3 comments:

  1. A truly great song from a great album. I think it gets overlooked sometimes, due to other tracks such as "Goodbye Lucille #1", "Faron Young" and "When Love Breaks Down"...

    Regards, Lynchie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this album, but am always a little embarrassed to play it for my college brahs. Is there an audience for this stuff these days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeez, I sure hope there's still a place in the world for them. Nothing embarrassing about superbly crafted pop!

    ReplyDelete