Friday, August 27, 2010

Floe motion

No question that Philip Glass is overexposed. Not to take anything away from his deservedly towering stature, but his position as shorthand for minimalism is not only crazy oversimplified, but also tends to eclipse other deserving composers. That said, I like him enough to give him prime weekend real estate. And why not? This piece starts all somber but then busts out into a colorful swirl of moving gears. Overlapping geometries, mang. It should soundtrack educational films about mitosis.

Philip Glass - Floe

2 comments:

  1. I think I know what you mean by "mang" because I can sort of hear it, like my mine mane, or maine mane, but it that the correct way to thank? JH for AK

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a bonged-out variation on 'man,' but it might sound different to everyone.

    ReplyDelete