Wednesday, July 7, 2010

People out there turning music into gold

All heat waves need their theme songs, and this one fell in front of my face just in time to take its rightful place. This John Stewart (who looks less like Jon Stewart than Garry Shandling) was a '70s folkie who found some minor acclaim after linking up with Stevie and Lindsey of Fleetwood Mac. You can hear her adding some extra fuel to this slow burner. Listening to it, I picture ominous scenes in the kind of fading evening light that does nothing to relieve the heat. I only wish I'd gotten my hands on it before putting together a barbecue soundtrack. The whole album is great, by the way. Worth laying hands on.

John Stewart - Gold

1 comment:

  1. Lynchie from AberdeenJuly 7, 2010 at 6:37 AM

    "Gold" has always been a favourite of mine - and backing vocals by Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks - what more could you want?

    ReplyDelete