Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I reasoned with the law

And the law reasoned back. It was all very civilized. The Brooklyn Supreme Court saw fit to spring me from jury duty after taking only 10 hours of my life. Good thing to know that little has changed in the process. They've still got that ridiculous medieval justice re-enactment (I know I've mentioned this before, but it's worth pondering what it was like to be on set making that film.) The late Ed Bradley is still there to break it down for the citizenry. He actually starts it off with "In olden times..."

All that hanging out with The Law got me thinking of Claire Huxtable. Today's song is what I imagine her law school study mixtape sounded like. Not to be mistaken for Jackee Harry's dishwashing mixtape, which I'll get to later. Seriously, I love Patrice Rushen. And if you ever see one of her records at a flea market, scoop it right up. Dig the break at 2:08. Oh, sweet amicus curiae.

Patrice Rushen - Time Will Tell

No comments:

Post a Comment