Thursday, May 31, 2012

When I make you mine

Like I said, when Marvin's got you in his web, there's nothing to do but lay back and enjoy the vocal silk. I noted that I most enjoy his lasciviousness when paired with fairly dubious claims of piety and vice versa. There's not much God talk in this one; it's all about getting down to business. And what with me getting married in a mere 2 days (!!), I think the tender lechery of this track makes a fine transition to the tenderness of a wedded life.

In nerdier matters, I still can't decide if I prefer the awesomely basic drum machine and plastic guitar picking of the album version (where he does actually thank Jesus for no particular reason) or this more fleshy one here. Why should a man have to choose?

Marvin Gaye - My Love Is Waiting

No comments:

Post a Comment