Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Soundtrack to anticipation

Well, this is probably the only time you'll ever see anything resembling Tom Cruise's mug on the 'blague. I don't have many associations with Risky Business, but this tune from Tangerine Dream's soundtrack (yes, them again) really put me into a frozen contemplation when I realized how deeply engrained it is in my brain. Since I can remember, this exact tune has played in my head in those quiet, abyss-facing interludes before big life moments of consequence, the ones where you are totally and painfully aware of the loudness of your own breathing. It spans nearly every variation of that experience across my memory. Which is both amazing and a little sad that I'm only now becoming conscious of it. Anyway, another good reason to keep TD on regular rotation.

Tangerine Dream - The Dream Is Always The Same

No comments:

Post a Comment