Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Peanuts plus

Wouldn't you know it — Songblague turns 2 years old and I'm not even around to mark the occasion. I'd say it at least warrants taking a little listen back to SB's first day on planet Internet. It's an intro tune I'm still quite pleased with.

I guess now that I'm toddling, I may as well tap into some happy childhood memories. Borrowed memories of course, since I wasn't much of a presence in 1965, when the world swooned to the jazzy pep of the Peanuts' Christmas antics. But I found a nice rip of the album (with a great helping of vinyl crackle intact) around the holidays, and have continued to be charmed by it. Especially this seminal track, which pulls off the unique trick of sounding like something appropriate for both children around the fire and drunk Santas about to collapse at the bar right around last call.

Vince Guaraldi - Christmastime Is Here


And a little 2fer Tuesday to remind you that Vince Guaraldi had some grown-up gems too. Here's something Charlie Brown and Linus might've been listening to as they celebrated the procurement of their first dimebag. I'm sure Snoopy was there too.

Vince Guaraldi - Oaxaca

No comments:

Post a Comment