Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wait till I'm not there

Having been off the school year calendar for some time, Sept 1 isn't too meaningful a date for me. But thinking back to when entering the month felt like getting ready for a plane to take off, several songs come to mind. This one reminds me of high school freshman year, specifically my after-school job illegally operating the cardboard baling machine at the local supermarket. Those were the days.

I remember at the time not being able to decide whether the band name or album title was sillier. Still can't. And to that, I'd add a shake of the head to the appalling cover graphics. All the same, the record remains super catchy. Here's a fun review by a karaoke friend, who makes some salient points in no particular order.

Oh, and no, I never owned a Kill Yr Television T-shirt. I'm sure one of you did though. 'Fess up.

Ned's Atomic Dustbin - Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment