Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hooray for the day

It's been baking outside these last couple days. Hopefully, it's the last gasp of the cruel summer heat. Does Songblague Nation wilt in response? No! We choose to embrace the sweat and rock it out. And I sound this battle cry with the full weight of my office. Literally, I'm sitting in my very climate-controlled office. But still, onward!

In addition to its blissful rock out-ness, this little nugget ranks as one of my favorite GBV song titles, right up there with
this one. Can't say I'm too interested in their reunion tour though. Let 1996 stay 1996. As for today, I keep finding myself focusing on the harmony vocal, which I think is an important marker for spiritual development.

Guided By Voices - Your Name Is Wild

1 comment:

  1. Yes! GBV- I think on a hot one like this.. in late 90's (my early teens) say, I would be hiding out in my high school boyfriend's air conditioned and slightly dank basement and yes.. GBV! Don't forget Bee Thousand. (I love Tobin Sprout's tracks on that one) Funny you bring out GBV on hot one like this. Today I moved the last of my high school memorabilia out of my mother's house in (South) Jersey. On my way back driving to NY, I pulled out of a tightly packed box Roller Skate Skinny album! Do you know that band?

    ReplyDelete