Tuesday, April 6, 2010

We could start tonight


I'm obsessed with beginnings - and, well, to be honest, I'm obsessed with endings too. Somewhere in between those two, you get piles of songs about beginnings and endings and how the getting to either one can be really quite complicated.

Matt Pond PA is a band that excels at these kinds of songs, and they provide a rich sense of seasonality alongside it. Seasons are just beginnings and endings with temperatures, and songs sound better depending on those conditions. It is fitting that as we really swing into the craziness of spring and its fervent desire for new beginnings, MPPA has a new album out and the first released track is called "Starting."

I have a friend whose advice regarding all of my romantic relationships is "well, this will end badly." To that, I say, thank god, because otherwise we'd never have beginnings, and without beginnings we'd never have Matt Pond PA records.

Matt Pond Pa - Starting

No comments:

Post a Comment