Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Possible futures

I took piano lessons as a kid. If I had my life to do over, I would never have stopped. But kids never think about closing off life's paths when they do what they do. Maybe that's a good thing. Who would want a world of little neurotics afraid to make all of the great and tiny decisions that amount to growing up?

Having decided that drums were my fate, the piano went neglected, even as I found myself plinking away on bandmates' instruments and developing a karaoke addiction. Now that I'm in possession of a neat little keyboard, those instincts are coming back into my fingers. It's halting and awkward, but ideas are taking shape. This song
makes me think of what I'd probably be making if I'd never started tapping on my lampshade with chopsticks.

Hauschka - Heimat

No comments:

Post a Comment