Thursday, December 31, 2009

1st annual Songblague mixtape!

As promised, a year-end mix. Songblague is just about to hit the 200 post mark! And that's a mighty big pool to fish from. I must say I'm pretty surprised at how this one shaped itself out. But then, serendipity is part of the whole project. Thanks for listening so far. Hope you continue checking in. And I hope you dig this little sampler. I meant to make it one continuous track, but hey, I'm on vacation. And the Yahoo media player does a pretty good playlist function. Meanwhile, hope you all have a successful escape from the flaming wreckage of the 'aughts. Err, I mean, Happy New Year, citizens!

Inouk - Elected
Gang Gang Dance - House Jam

Alan Parsons Project - I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You

Three O'Clock - On My Own
Daryl Hall & Robert Fripp - Something In 4-4 Time
Peter Ivers - Gentle Jesus
Cheyenne - Come Back To Me
The Cure - Throw Your Foot
Lambchop - Ohio
20/20 - Giving It All
Savage - A Love Again
Miles Davis - Little Church
Passport - Rockport
The Ukrainians - Batyar
Skatebård - Data Italia
Run On - Anything You Say
The Crystals - He Hit Me (And It Felt Like A Kiss)
Robyn Hitchcock - Sometimes I Wish I Was A Pretty Girl
Robert Palmer - Johnny and Mary
Goldmund - In A Notebook
David Shire - End Title

Arrgh, indecision strikes. Even after things have been decided. I thought 21 tracks made a pretty tidy package. Blackjack. But a few others kept dancing around in my head. Since Songblague tends to work in week-size batches, here's a little 5-song companion mix. Like an EP. Or a sidecar. Or a short course of antibiotics.

The Kinks - People Take Pictures Of Each Other
George Duke - I Love You More
The March Violets - Turn To The Sky
The Notations - Make Me Twice The Man
Phil Manzanera - Frontera

No comments:

Post a Comment