Monday, November 16, 2009

Theme Week - Glam, no Bowie (1/5)

When Songblague started, I had high hopes for putting together lots of weeklong narratives. Lamely, I've only gotten around to doing one so far (which I recommend you revisit sometime). I think it's high time for a new theme week. I think it's time for some glam this mid-November!

Great as they are, it's a shame that David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust albums have all but cornered the market on the genre. Anyone who saw Velvet Goldmine knows there's a whole lot of magic in the short-lived glam heyday, and I think Bowie did us a favor by refusing permission to use his songs in the movie.

Let's start in with a man who was king of the hill for a short while and surely had Bowie beat in the hair department. Mr. Marc Bolan comes crashing through the wall with this sexy, cosmic, menacing piece of rock & roll wonderment. Baby, you know who you are.

1 comment: