Thursday, November 1, 2012

Adrift

The storm hit and ran, but left so many shards of its impact that it'll keep wounding us for months. Or years. Or many years. The relief I felt when my neighborhood was spared was quickly overwhelmed by the sense that our bones have been broken to a degree that is just becoming apparent. Which leads to a feeling of general sickness, even as my pseudo-staycation allows me to stroll my immediate streets throughout a couple mild afternoons and enjoy wine-softened evenings full of easy electrical comforts. A sickness exacerbated by the knowledge that while my hometown is maybe less underwater now, it has been distorted in a permanent way, and still lacking in eyewitness reassurance of basic stability. 

The good news is that this kind of anxiety beyond my own personal well-being makes me confident that I'm generally a decent human being. And also I found some music that resonates with my current unmoored state of mind. I'll be tied up the rest of this week, so enjoy this one until Monday.


Loose Fur - Chinese Apple

No comments:

Post a Comment