Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Synthesizers in crisis

If you dig The Cars (debut album, at least) as much I do, today's song will be quite a treat. Aside from looking awesome in their videos, keyboardist Greg Hawkes clearly had some ideas of his own. They seem to involve a kid running from both FBI and KGB agents in a downward spiral of plot twists in my made-up film. They also involve some sweet pitchbending (perk your ears up at 2:32). The fact that some of my own synth adventures seem at home in this soundworld only make me fonder. Thanks to Jason for hipping me to this one.

Greg Hawkes - Block Party

1 comment:

  1. Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your web site and in accession capital to assert that I get actually enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I will be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently quickly.
    !#: Sorel Women's Helen Of Tundra Boot... The Cheapest

    ReplyDelete