Tuesday, June 14, 2011

You're never far away (unless you are)

Back from vacation! A much-needed week and a half and literally accurate — my daily life mostly vacated, aided by amazing vistas, pastas, good company, and a happily spotty Internet signal. I'm just now getting reacquainted with familiar things (like paying for train rides in advance and not getting nailed with a stiff fine for not having a ticket when there's no clear place to buy one). And girding myself for pizza that's not supernaturally delicious.

Erkay...back to music then. Usually during vacations, a song or two slip into my head and loop through it insistently. Not so this time, and I'm not sure why. Maybe it means the getaway was so effective that songs in memory couldn't find me. At any rate, here's one that I'd been humming for a couple days just before leaving. Another song about ambiguous distances. I don't quite connect with it personally, but the scratchiness feels like home.

Aztec Camera - We Could Send Letters

No comments:

Post a Comment