Monday, February 14, 2011

New York noise

Whoops, my bad. This one was meant for Friday, but a perfect storm of work madness and a subsequent evening of steam letting offing conspired to undermine my daily discipline. Deepest apologies to the SB faithful. But actually, this track sort of fits that spirit. I first heard it on the excellent New York Noise compilation that probably did as good a job as any of capturing the brilliant, Janus-faced postpunk/disco-not-disco scene of the late '70s/early '80s. I think these guys only made one EP, but this song puts you in the party right as it's hitting its decadent, wild grunting peak.

The Dance - Do Dada

1 comment:

  1. Ely,

    Athena and I are worried about you. Now that you have taken on the responsibility of SB you can't be so cavalier about your postings. People depend on you and the other songblageans would agree with me on this. All in all, good work. Even great, but don't let drinking and drugs interfere, or heaven forbid, work, with the job of master of SB.

    Yours in blague

    JH

    ReplyDelete